12 Ways to Get More Followers on LinkedIn
in Digital Marketing Strategy & Trends | by Admin
No matter if you’re a Fortune 500 company or a trendy startup, grooming your LinkedIn page for success is important for your business. The social platform has grown to be the largest professional network in the world, making it imperative for brands to sign on and join the conversation.
LinkedIn has the power to build strong communities and brand loyalists from its 433 million active members. The more brand advocates your company has, the more credible and trustworthy your brand becomes. So how do you develop a strong follower base to garner that trust? Here are 12 ways to get more followers on LinkedIn:
- Engage with your followers. People like to share their opinions and make sure their voices are heard. When your followers interact with your brand’s content on LinkedIn, acknowledge it. Like your followers’ reposts and be sure to respond to all comments—whether they’re good or bad. The more you engage with followers, the better your relationship with them becomes. (And, they’re more likely to share their positive experiences with their friends and family.)
- Fine-tune your posting strategy. Before your brand rolls out its LinkedIn page, it’s important to develop a platform strategy. Identify your brand’s voice, find out when your audience is active on LinkedIn, and determine what type of content you’ll post and how frequently it should be shared with followers. To get started, check out these best practices for sharing and distributing content to consumers.
- Make your content digestible. When crafting content, create with your audience in mind. Write about information useful to them, and present it in a way that’s both easy to read and entertaining. According to LinkedIn, “best of” lists can receive nearly 40 percent more amplification than regular blogs or other articles. Creating listed content might be a great add to your social strategy, especially if your brand is new on LinkedIn.
- Tap into personal connections. Inviting your personal LinkedIn connections to follow your brand’s page is a great way to gain more profile exposure. Not to mention, it’s super easy to do and totally free.
- Share company news and job opps. LinkedIn is the world’s largest community of professionals. Therefore, most of your page traffic will stem from individuals looking to learn more about your company’s current standings and career opportunities. Be sure to keep content relevant and up-to-date, and share with users when new job opportunities open up.
- Add a “follow” button to your website. By adding a “follow” button plugin to your brand’s website, your company is creating an easy way for consumers to stay in touch with you. A great place to add this button might be on your company’s blog, the footer menu or on a contact page. (Learn more about this easy plugin generator here.)
- Ask your employees to engage with your content. Your employees can be an invaluable asset when growing your LinkedIn audience. Users want to know first-hand what your company is like, so encourage them to engage with and share your content. Be sure employee responses are authentic and their personal profiles denote their current title and job description.
- Engage with LinkedIn groups. There are thousands of different groups on LinkedIn dedicated to hundreds of different topics. Be sure your brand joins group conversations to generate brand awareness and engagement opportunities. This will ultimately help your brand establish credibility and increase clicks to your brand’s public profile. (Learn more about LinkedIn groups and how to create your own group.)
- Optimize for SEO. Just like your website, your brand should optimize its LinkedIn page for search engines. You can do this by using appropriate keywords in your posts, descriptions and about section so users can easily find your brand’s content.
- Post content with appealing imagery. Want users to remember your content? According to Hubspot, visuals increase willingness to read or engage with content by more than 80 percent. Make sure your posts incorporate engaging images or videos to capture user attention.
- Cross-promote your page. Another easy way to garner more followers on LinkedIn is to share your profile across its other brand social platforms. Users who currently follow your company on networks such as Instagram, Facebook and Twitter are more likely to follow you on LinkedIn because they’ve already developed a social relationship with your brand.
- Track progress and results. Be sure your brand monitors its LinkedIn analytics to better understand audience behavior, content performance and audience growth. Measuring these insights is important and will help your brand better develop future communication strategies, as well as craft the right content to the right consumers.
In order to grow your LinkedIn follower base, it’s important for your brand to keep its audience in mind. Place yourself in your consumer’s shoes, and you’ll find it easier to create engaging content that will resonate with users who are current or potential customers. Then sit back, watch the magic happen and remember: We told you so.