One of Tampa’s most creative leaders offers tips to help NGLCC 2019 attendees experience the Tampa Bay area like a local.
I discovered inspiration in the sunshine, fresh air and cultural vibrancy of the Tampa Bay region when I moved to the City of Champions from New York in 2010.
It’s an honor for Sparxoo to be the local LGBTBE presenting sponsor for the Opening Reception of the National LGBT Chamber of Commerce’s 2019 International Business & Leadership Conference, and I look forward to welcoming everyone August 13th.
I encourage you to experience and fall in love with Tampa Bay, just like I did a decade ago.
While you’re here, your excursions in downtown Tampa and beyond are sure to be rewarded with lasting memories, fresh tastes, breathtaking water views and, most of all, inspiration.
- Get out and explore the TRUE original home of the Cuban sandwich (sorry, Miami!).
- Stroll or bike along Tampa’s new downtown gem, the Riverwalk and onto Bayshore, the world’s longest continuous sidewalk.
- Ponder the iconic minarets and the tropical gardens of the University of Tampa’s Plant Hall.
- Take a quick ride across the Courtney Campbell Causeway to Clearwater and visit our world-class beaches.
- If you’re a baseball fan, head to Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg Friday night (Aug. 16), where the Tampa Bay Rays take on the Detroit Tigers.
Below are some of my favorites, the experiences and destinations that inspire me every day. I hope you’ll enjoy every moment as you make NGLCC 2019 an experience to remember!